Sourcing Nicotine

CAAB

Sourcing Nicotine

Post by CAAB »

One area I have neglected as a DIY NET vaper is nicotine. Originally, I purchased nicotine salts from Liquid Barn and left it at that. However, it struck me that it's a very important ingredient and shouldn't be overlooked.

Unfortunately, I am in NY, which is currently undergoing a vape ban. So my experiments are going to be curtailed. Perhaps someone else can carry the torch.

Recently I dabbled in the premium nicotine category. I purchased nicotine salts from Carolina Xtraction Technologies. It's a pretty hefty price tag compared to other brands, but it is extracted using CO2 process using organically grown US tobacco. Here is a description from the website:

"Supercritical Nicotine extraction from all US grown tobacco. The world-wide gold standard tobacco extract. CXTC 3C! Supercritical Fluid Extraction with Cold/Closed/Contained refinement technology utilizing North Carolina and Kentucky tobacco raised without pesticides, growth control agents or herbicides. Ultra high purity, diacetyl free, clear nicotine extracted using Cold CO2, Closed in the Supercritical chamber and Contained from all oxygen exposure from extraction, filtration to packaging. The result is a much smoother and clean flavor than kerosene/hexane extractions prevalent overseas with absolutely no occurance of oxidation, the real enemy of all botanical extracts. CXTC products have extended shelf life, require less flavoring additives which offsets the higher cost, while providing consistent, rich, full-flavor profile. "

I tried adding their nicotine to pure VG and vaping that. The result was very enjoyable. It was like vaping the mildest of Virginia tobaccos. I could see myself vaping the pure VG and having a good time of it. I think it will compliment my extracts very well. I think even for people who vape fruit or dessert flavors, Carolina Xtract wouldn't clash. It's a very mild flavor. I am leaning towards stocking up on it due to uncertainty in regulation.

I was going to try Wizard Labs and River Supply Co as alternates to do comparisons. However time is short for me in terms of the NY ban, so I may be unable to do that. If I can swing it, I will write here the results of my comparisons.

Peter_Ramish

Re: Sourcing Nicotine

Post by Peter_Ramish »

CAAB wrote:
Thu May 21, 2020 1:41 pm
One area I have neglected as a DIY NET vaper is nicotine. ...

I tried adding their nicotine to pure VG and vaping that. The result was very enjoyable. It was like vaping the mildest of Virginia tobaccos. I could see myself vaping the pure VG and having a good time of it. I think it will compliment my extracts very well. I think even for people who vape fruit or dessert flavors, Carolina Xtract wouldn't clash. It's a very mild flavor. I am leaning towards stocking up on it due to uncertainty in regulation.
Humm... that is a very interesting idea. I am going to try that ! :idea:

Years ago I purchased the product from Nicvape: https://www.nicvape.com/diluted-nicotine At that time, which is now ancient history, I sampled a bunch of vendors and the NicVape sample won the taste test by a wide margin. I did not know where they sourced what they were selling (they re-bottled it from a bulk vendor, they did not make it themselves). And probably their current samples are from a different vendor. One would have to go through the whole process of: "taste 'em all and let your buds sort them out". Then reach out an capture the best of the samples and buy a multi-year supply. That is what I did and I now have a estimated 10-year supply that sits in tightly capped and dark 0F storage.

I must say that the samples varied widely in quality. I remember I got some samples that were just terrible. So, unfortunately, the process of obtaining Nic is a pain in the ass. My recommendation is: When you find 'the good stuff' then reach out and grab a quantity.

And, of course, eventually, they will just out-law it for personal purchase, so you kill two birds with one stone if you stock pile some good stuff.

Thanks for mentioning this topic, as it is important.

CAAB

Re: Sourcing Nicotine

Post by CAAB »

And, of course, eventually, they will just out-law it for personal purchase, so you kill two birds with one stone if you stock pile some good stuff.
Yeah, waiting for that day. That will be a real shame.