Dry Herb Vaporizer With Tobacco vs NET E-Liquid

CAAB

Dry Herb Vaporizer With Tobacco vs NET E-Liquid

Post by CAAB »

I am curious if everyone here has tried or would be interested in trying and reporting results on a dry herb vaporizer for tobacco vs NET e-liquid?

Someone pointed me to the Dynavap "M," which uses a flame instead of a battery to heat an element that vaporizes the contents of the chamber. https://www.dynavap.com

I think it's pretty obvious what "herb" the Dynavap is used for, but in this case I was thinking of how well it would perform with tobacco? I thought I'd ask first before I wasted money in case anyone has tried dry vaping tobacco and found it unpleasant?

In any case, if it works well, it would be interesting to compare DIY NET e-liquid to dry vaping the same source material. I can see potential pros and cons to each method. Although ultimately I would wonder about whether dry vaping is a less healthy option...

Peter_Ramish

Re: Dry Herb Vaporizer With Tobacco vs NET E-Liquid

Post by Peter_Ramish »

CAAB wrote:
Sat Oct 03, 2020 10:56 am
. Although ultimately I would wonder about whether dry vaping is a less healthy option...
I think this has to be the $64 dollar question. But, of course, the taste sensations, mouthfeel, etc is going to be a possible deal breaker.

I do not understand how a state like California, where everything is illegal has somehow allowed full combustion smoking of pot, but has done everything in it power to outrageously tax and discourage tobacco combustion and vaping. Trying to understand anything that happens in California is an exercise in mental foolery. They care about the tax revenue, your health is just a talking point to get you to go along with the payment.

Presumably, if you can find it in the blizzard of 'white paper' that surrounds the FDA permitted sale of IQOS Tobacco Heating System through their premarket tobacco product application pathway, this issue must be addressed somewhere in all that. If someone has the time and can dig though all that, then please post a link here as a REPLY. Thanks. Personally i am so burned out (no pun intended) on the FDA tobacco circus (or maybe better called a dog-and-pony-show.. :lol: ) that I am not going to be the one that wastes the hours necessary to track it down..

I think the grandson of a friend of mine is into all that DynaVap stuff. I will see if he can lend me one and I will report back whatever a few puffs might reveal as to the 'experience'.

Here is an FDA link to get you started down the bureaucratic rabbit hole: https://bit.ly/3npZsn6

Kinnikinnick

Post by Kinnikinnick »

I’ve not tried one myself. However, on the face of it (not to be a Debbie Downer), the hassle factor of reloading the thing and needing a torch would be a drawback for me. Hell, even using a dripper can sometimes be a PIA if you’re not careful.

Health-wise? Gotta be better for you than actually setting fire to the leaf!

CAAB

Post by CAAB »

Trying to understand anything that happens in California is an exercise in mental foolery.
Yeah, vaping is pretty much shut down here in NY right in the height of the pandemic. Now they are talking about legalizing recreational marijuana for tax revenue. Because that logic makes sense somehow.
I’ve not tried one myself. However, on the face of it (not to be a Debbie Downer), the hassle factor of reloading the thing and needing a torch would be a drawback for me. Hell, even using a dripper can sometimes be a PIA if you’re not careful.
I've messaged someone back and forth who has tried this method. They did mention that it was very labor intensive. My thought though is that it might be a good way to "preview" a particular tobacco before going through the effort of a DIY NET. Also, it might a good test to compare a NET with a dry vape. Perhaps the dry vape would be a "true" flavor profile, and the different NET methods could be explored to see what best matches the dry vape.

Or maybe it tastes nasty. I think at some point I will give it a try, but I am doubting I will abandon DIY NET.