Storing NET Extracts

CAAB

Storing NET Extracts

Post by CAAB »

I am curious how members store their NET extracts? Room temperature? Refrigeration? How long of a shelf life have you experienced?

I've read some reports of NET eliquids getting ruined in the refrigerator. I am interested in what people's thoughts are on refrigerating NET extracts?

Peter_Ramish

Re: Storing NET Extracts

Post by Peter_Ramish »

For me there are two stages in storage. First is the whole leaf, and I just store that a room temps. This cabinet was constructed for cigar storage, but the shelfs have been converted to 'leaf for vaping'. Note all is in Glass or otherwise sealed in heavy plastic bags. You have to be very careful to not allow flavors of various leafs combine in storage that is not sealed or protected in Glass.

After extraction the finished liquid is stored in a old apartment refrigerator The temp is set between 45-50F. It is not necessary to keep it very cold. In fact I prefer it at the 45-50 range to allow for mellowing and aging. I do not filter my liquids to micron levels. I just spin them down in a centrifuge and allow for a remaining suspension of native particles to remain. Therefore I am treating it like traditional French Red Wine barrel storage. When stored this way, I am having very good luck with improved flavor profile over the years.

CAAB

Post by CAAB »

Do you see any harm in refrigeration at say around 35-40 degree F range?

Here is the post that initially caused concern: https://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/threa ... ge.801451/

I am noticing some sedimentation in my filtered PG extracts after being in the refrigerator for a week, but I am thinking this is due to the precipitation of the NET due to PG's reduced ability to "hold" tobacco compounds at a lower temperature. I am taking one extract out and getting it to room temperature to see what happens.

Peter_Ramish

Post by Peter_Ramish »

CAAB wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:19 pm
Here is the post that initially caused concern:
Yeah well,.. how can you argue with any statements made by an e-cig "Ultra Member" :roll: ???

Later, when I get a few minutes I'll make further comments to you in a PM

But right now, for purposes of public comment here on the board, I will just say that I have no experiences that even remotely parallels his outcomes, in fact my experience is just about 180 degrees opposite. So somethings very wrong somewhere...
CAAB wrote:
Sun Mar 21, 2021 2:19 pm
Do you see any harm in refrigeration at say around 35-40 degree F range?
No, that will be fine..

-P

Kinnikinnick

Post by Kinnikinnick »

I’ve always just stored my NET at room temp in a cool dark place. Around the 3 year mark, down the drain they go. I always make 150ml batches of extract, using PG as the solvent... If I haven’t vaped that entire 150ml within that amount of time, that tells me I don’t need that extract in my stock! :lol: PG has a shelf life of roughly 3 years... that is also part of my reasoning for pitching NET extracts down the drain after 3 years.

I’ve never experienced NET degradation because it sat on the shelf, unrefrigerated, for years.