Kentucky Dark Fired Blend

Peter_Ramish

Kentucky Dark Fired Blend

Post by Peter_Ramish »

In a moment of impulse I Hybrid mixed 50/50 of each the following extractions and wound up with a wonderful ADV. It combines into a robust very smooth, woody, vape with a wonderful ‘tobacco’ room note. Highly recommend NET Heads try this Hybrid mix if you get a chance.

1.) Peter Stokkebye - Dark Fired (No. 314)
Burley-like leaves are fire-cured with aromatic wood to add a distinctly smoky note. This is a strong and spicy leaf, and should be used sparingly to keep it from overpowering a blend. Can also be smoked straight.
Brand Peter Stokkebye
Blended By Peter Stokkebye
Manufactured By Peter Stokkebye
Blend Type Burley Based
Contents Kentucky
Flavoring None
Cut Ribbon
Packaging Bulk

2.) Mac Baren - HH Old Dark Fired
A bold flake of dark-fired burleys in a well balanced unity with flue cured Virginias. This flake is hot pressed, meaning that during the pressing, heat is added by steam to the tobaccos which causes the tobacco to intensify the marrying process giving us a bolder tobacco. The robust, earthly flavour of the dark-fired burleys shines through in the taste, and you will experience a deeply satisfying smoke indeed.

Notes: One of the most fascinating parts about this tobacco that will be sure to confuse a lot of American pipe smokers is that, despite the fact that HH Old Dark Fired contains zero latakia, Mac Baren still considers it an English because of the method used in its production, specifically the steam press.
Brand Mac Baren
Blended By Per Jensen
Manufactured By Mac Baren
Blend Type Virginia/Burley
Contents Burley, Kentucky, Virginia
Flavoring None
Cut Flake
Packaging 50 grams tin, 100 grams tin, 1 pound box
Country DK
Production Currently available

Kinnikinnick

Re: Kentucky Dark Fired Blend

Post by Kinnikinnick »

I love a good Burley! I’m awaiting a maceration of Solani Aged Burley at this point in time... a few more weeks in the jar and it’ll be good to go. Not surprisingly, my first extraction of SAB was the second extraction where I actually drained the whole 150ml of extract, making an ADV liquid. Good stuff. :D

Peter_Ramish

Post by Peter_Ramish »

Kinnikinnick wrote:
Thu Jun 04, 2020 4:08 pm
I love a good Burley! I’m awaiting a maceration of Solani Aged Burley at this point in time... a few more weeks in the jar and it’ll be good to go. :D
:lol:
Ah Yes !!! I remember your adventures with SAB !!!.. You know me, I have my notes going back years on these projects... I never did extract the tin of SAB. I recall opening it up and it greeted me with a sticky sugar laden topping and at that time I was making the transition to Pure Leaf Extractions. I recall I put the tin in an envelope and sent it along to you ! :lol:

Here is what I jotted down in my notebook about that:
  • Solani Aged Burley- I agree that it is a lot like a tame Haunted Bookshop but lighter on the Burley and more of the sweeter casing aromatics.
    My personal taste runs more to the heavy Burley, and I rate the Haunted Bookshop as a much better experience, but this is a ‘TIS’ comment
    and is more a refection of my taste buds than anything else. - I did order a tin of this but don’t think I will extract it
    Actually there seems to be a whole group of HB type mixes from the commercial houses:
    Another example is your sample of C&D Shandygaff (PG/PGA Hybrid) Like a milder but sweeter haunted bookshop,

Peter_Ramish

Post by Peter_Ramish »

This has been out of stock for al ong time but i just got this notice, so if you want to try some of this (I highly reccommend it..)