Site Admin

Experimental Cigar Blends with Low Grade Dark Fire Cured Batch#-78

Post by 50YearsOfCigars »

Experimental Cigar Blends with
Low Grade Dark Fire Cured Batch#-78

see: viewtopic.php?p=374#p374
for detailed review and information of the LGDFC extraction

Tester#1 -
- 80% FRONTO (premixed as 4.0 FRONTO 6.0 VG/PG 0.7 Nic)
- 20% LGDFC (premixed to 3.0 LGDFC - 8.0 VG/PG 1.0 Nic)
Result: As expected the FRONTO becomes the base with its delete and very mellow light but distinctly Nicaraguan cigar filler tones and unmistakable character. The LGDFC at 20% adds a top note that actually becomes a somewhat aromatic component on top of the exhaled vapor. This is a very pleasing result and works very well. The overall character becomes a vape that is unmistakable as a high quality medium Nicaraguan cigar, very similar to a combusted smoke in the realm of very well known Nicaraguans such as Joe Marti Nicaraguan Robusta. I rate this Blend as a 8/10 and will, no doubt, mix and use a lot of it as an ADV in my rotation. After long term ADV use I might consider reducing the LGDFC to 10%, but we will see.

Tester#2
- 80% Aged Nicaraguan Ligero Jalapa- (premixed as 3.0 ANLJ 6.0 VG/PG 0.7 Nic-
Result: Interestingly enough, This becomes a quite light rather generic Dominican oriented cigar, much like the hundreds of these blends that you find on every cigar store shelf. This is the kind of profile that most Americans have landed on as the ‘cigar-ordinarie’ and they purchase this flavor profile by the millions every year. So many folks like this sort of thing, but me not so much. I would not be afraid to give this sample to a friend that likes the off the shelf Dominicans, but I will pass on it for inclusion in my ADV rotation. For me, I will rate it as 4/10 but that is just my TIS. If you are a Dominican cigar smoker it probably rates as a 8/10 for you.

Tester#3
- 80% Cornell & Diehl - Gray Ghost (premixed as 3.0 GG 6.0 VG/PG 0.7 Nic)
Result: I have always liked C&D Gray Ghost, which is surprising, as C&D is a commercial manufacturer that has never been one of my favorites. But this blend is an exception to the rule. The addition of the LGDFC gives it a nice push and places it firmly into a cigar world profile. There is no doubt that it does better with the LGDFC help vrs the original blend without any help. So this is a great addition to the commercial blend and the rest of the profile reminds me of the old line of Arturo Fuente Hemmingway Signature Series. That is an underhanded complement of the highest order. For my current palate it is a little light, as was the mentioned Fuente, but the profile is smooth and addictive. I rate it as 8/10 and recommend you give this blend try. It is proof that some (a very few) commercial tinned tobaccos from major well known suppliers can rate very high if properly handled.