Want2Vape... is nothing sacred ?

50YearsOfCigars
Site Admin

Want2Vape... is nothing sacred ?

Post by 50YearsOfCigars »

Well I originally was going to post a review of the flavor profiles of some of the Want2Vape products (see https://www.want2vape.com)
but....

I have on hand these that were donated to me several years ago;

so thought I would return to their main store on the web to look over their their current list of tobacco NETs.. As most of you know, Want2Vape was one of the pioneers of true natural tobacco extraction for vaping. I fully expected to see a nice expansion of their product line, including many new and innovative pure leaf extractions.. What a surprise greeted me: The "original list" of many fine products has diminished to about 1/2 of the old stuff. All that is left from their original pure tobacco extractions is:
555.5 One of
Alcazar Cigar
Analog Mild
London Blend
Louisville Blend
Managua Blend
Morley
Paris Blend
Red Pirate
Stockholm Blend
The "Blond"
But what has been added as 'new' is:
I Cigar - Notes of peach, pine, green tea and more. The non-tobacco elements
Campfire Coffee - sweetness. A very solid coffee vape.
Citrus Brew - A refreshing lemon-lime vape
Coffee-Infused Cigar - rich, sweet coffee-infused cigar
Creamy Espresso - rich, creamy tribute to coffee
Creme Brulee' - Sweet cream and caramel
Crimson Bull - energy drink taste-a-like
EcoBerry - Fresh berries like a fortified bowl of berries
Mystical Menthol -
Peach Sensation - Peach flavor so big
Peanut Butter Cup - butter and jelly, chocolate and peanut butter
PURE - sweet, cotton candy.
Rock Star - RY4. Tobacco, creamy caramel, and a secret ingredient.
RY4 - like a sweeter RY4, Caramels and a Lab extracted Vanilla.
Summer Fruit - Strawberry, Peach and Banana blended
Wild Cherry - our delicious natural cherry
well, what can I say ? It is very disappointing, and a little sad.

Kinnikinnick

Re: Want2Vape... is nothing sacred ?

Post by Kinnikinnick »

Well... those individuals who love a plain ole tobacco vape are a niche group; me, firmly being in that group. Sure... on occasion, I’ll throw in a dash of synthetic flavoring in my NET. However, I always revert back to a 100% NET liquid within a day or so.

I guess a vendor is only going to offer/carry what sells. But, I’m sure that it is extremely annoying for an individual who has gotten used to a particular tobacco flavor, to see it vanish off the vendors product list! :evil:

Peter_Ramish

Post by Peter_Ramish »

It is not just Want2Vape that is getting into the "flavors"

Here is an offer from Black Note where they are "surveying" to see if you will buy fruits and nuts under the marketing blanket of Black Note

So much for "tobacco".. :?: It seems odd to me that, in the face of increasing regulation and complete outlawing of 'flavored vape" around the world that these folks are starting on a journey to bring exactly those products into their well established tobacco-only product line. :?:

Kinnikinnick

Post by Kinnikinnick »

Their sales must be spiraling downward! I guess they are looking to try anything to keep folks interested in their product line. :roll:

Peter_Ramish

Black Note Goes POD !!!

Post by Peter_Ramish »

Black Note goes POD !!!

Thought this would be a good topic area to post this ad:

Here is another "is nothing sacred" topic: :lol:

Peter_Ramish

Post by Peter_Ramish »

But WAIT...There's MORE !!!
....Here is the latest from Black Note

Hourman

Post by Hourman »

I guess I'm not typical of members of this site. For way too many years I smoked cigarettes for nicotine delivery and a pipe for all of the other pleasant aspects of smoking. Cigars just never clicked for me. Cigarettes had an unpleasant taste, but they are surely the most efficient nicotine delivery system. My pipe gave me wonderful flavor, aroma, and variety but I could not inhale the smoke and did not receive enough of a nic hit to satisfy me. I finally discovered vaping almost 3 years ago and smoked my very last cigarette within a week. I tried one commercial tobacco juice and found it to be a very poor substitute for real tobacco smoke. I now vape mostly custards and fruit flavored juices at 18mg nicotine. This completely satisfies my nicotine addiction. However I still enjoy a bowlful in a pipe once or twice a week and feel that as long as I'm not inhaling, I'm not doing very much harm to myself. After learning about DIY NET vapes, I did my research and gave it a try. My first attempts were as good as the high priced commercial NETs, but I still feel that they are no substitute for a pipe full of quality tobacco. I'm glad that I learned the NET process and may well return to it when our authoritarian government bans all flavors for vaping. So to finally answer the proposed question, I am neither surprised nor offended that the commercial producers are paring down their NET offerings and introducing non-tobacco flavors. They do need to stay in business and NET vapers are a very small portion of the market.

I would like to pose another question, and I do so sincerely and respectfully. Why are committed cigar and pipe smokers switching to vaping in the first place? We know that vaping is not 100% safe, yet defend it as harm reduction. In my humble opinion, smoking tobacco without inhaling is a low risk activity already. Did you guys find that cigars and pipes gave you the nicotine you required without inhaling? I only wish that were true for me.

Peter_Ramish

Post by Peter_Ramish »

Hi hourman!

You covered a lot of ground. I will just make a few random comments. I am glad that you found a flavor profile that works for you and it got you off the cigs. There is nothing about this site that ~requires~ its members to tow some sort of line about using only tobacco extractions. If the goal is THR and the flavors work for you then GREAT! No one is looking down their nose at those types of choices. I can see how you might have that impression, becasue I use a lot of dry humor when talking about flavors and I like to poke fun at folks like Black Note, but that is just because I sense an irony in "staying in business at any cost". Sometime companies that do that take certain liberties that I find amusing, and I poke at them. It is all over America now, you have beer and liquor manufactures that are now marketing all manner of flavored "seltzers" and products that are so far from their core business, that it strikes me as somewhat humorous. But, for the record, I have a very high regard for Black Note because they did something that no one else would try and that is introduced many vapers to the possibility of pure tobacco extractions. That is a good thing. See my comments in my complete review of their products at viewtopic.php?f=6&t=12 . In the review I say:
2.) Black Note has brought an increased awareness in the general vaping community of the wonderful experience of tobacco NETs. This is a huge PRO !
So I am very glad they are on the scene and they have done great things for the concept of using vapes made from high quality tobacco.

As far as your comments on Nic Hit with conventional cigars, I can tell you that the pure Cubans I used to have access to will knock you on your ass ! One of the great pleasures, for me at least, is the mouth feel and flavor of a great high quality cigar as it slowly infuses with your saliva and the nicotine passes into and around your taste buds then travels up the blood brain route ! No inhaling required, I assure you !

On the subject of not inhaling and THR, that is a bit of a tight rope to walk. There is real statistical evidence that, yes, the slight or "non-inhale" pipe or cigar smoke is at greatly reduced risk of lung damage, but damage to the mouth, gums, etc is a very real consideration. I agree it is a low risk activity, but like anything it very much depends on the specific product you are talking about, exactly how it is used, length of time of exposure, etc. . To really drop the risk down you have to get rid of the products of the oxidation-reduction reactions (burning with flame in this case). Those products do find themselves into your airways and lungs. I agree at greatly reduced levels, but they are very much still there.

As to answer your question about why a dedicated 50 year cigar smoker would flip to vaping? Humm,... that is a personal decision, and everyone has his own reasons. It should be noted that this is a very small niche group with numbers so low that it not like thousands of cigar smokers are in our ranks. For me it started out with two items: First I had made a personal promise to myself that when I turned 70 I was going to put the cigars down for good. That sounded like a great self-promise, BUT, well,.. easier said than done. Second item is that with a background in chemistry and an adventurous and experimental mindset, I thought making a few extractions for vaping might be a cool thing to try. I would transition to vaping, then quit all together..

But, that led to what became a bit of an out of control hobby. As I accumulated much (newly discovered) information on how to get the best results (yes I agree, it is NOT like puffing on the real thing and it never will be, but that is a discussion for another time..) I realized that the information in the existing forums and youtube and social media about tobacco extraction was mostly wrong. Because of my background and career, I was annoyed with all the junk nonsense out there. I tried to write a few articles and post them in places like e-cig-forum, but the acceptance was low, in fact it was a bit adversarial. That is what led to this phpBB forum that you are on now. So I hope that helps explain why the perspective here might seem a little one sided and a little "look down your nose". It is not intended to be a snobby place that only tolerates one point of view. It is just very tobacco oriented. There are already dozens of BBS forums and social media, in fact one guy has a huge youtube channel that deals exclusively with artificial food chemistry vape recipes. That is great for them, it is just 'not my thing'.

I know that this BBS forum has a very low population and "hit rate' but it was never intended it to be a chatterbox, more it was intended and is a place to record experiments, and record the successes and failures of active hands on experimentation. In the world I come from, we poured over old information from previous experimenters as a preparation step when looking at a new project. The famous quote from Thomas Edison is "My experiments with the light bulb is going great, I now know 10,000 thing that will not work" -One thought that has been kicking around is that this BBS might see very soon a dramatic increase in people looking back down the road to see what is already known. Why do I say that? Well, our beloved FDA is bending the vape world in that direction, tobacco flavors ONLY ! :shock: