What's Going On Here ?

50YearsOfCigars
Site Admin

What's Going On Here ?

Post by 50YearsOfCigars »

This site is primarily a place to store information on extractions and a place to post technical information.
  • WE ARE VERY TOBACCO CENTRIC HERE !
  • IF YOUR PRIMARY INTEREST IS IN MIXING SYNTHETIC FLAVORED FRUITS, DESERT, CUSTARDS AND THE LIKE THEN THIS IS PROBABLY NOT THE PLACE FOR YOU.
If you like the conversation here, and the subject matter is of interest to you then we would like to have you as a member to contribute your own comments and point of view and further expand the subject and knowledge base.

But first you must be logged in with a username, therefore you must register that name which happens without any pain. Just Click the Click to Open a Support Ticket and request your registration.

• ALSO OUR TONE IS FUN, BECAUSE THIS IS A HOBBY, BUT WE ARE ALSO A LITTLE ON THE SERIOUS SIDE, THEREFORE NO ANIMATED GIFS OR OFF TOPIC OR DERAILING IN TOPICS IS PERMITTED. They will be deleted Immediately and without warning.
---=========================---

* - YOU CAN ALSO USE THIS BBS TO LIST AND KEEP TRACK OF YOUR OWN EXTRACTIONS !!
...This site has a "Your Corner of the DIY World" for your posting and keeping track of your own extractions.
Feel Free to Make NEW TOPICS and POSTS in this following section of the BBS:
• Articles from Our Members
• Extractions From Our Members
• What is Currently in Our Members Jars?
• Vapeable Recipes & Reviews from Our Members
Does This Fit You?

Maybe you have been curious about real NETs. Or maybe you are already an experienced extractor of NETs and want a sample of particular tobacco that you have been curious to know its vapable flavor profile. These juices are designed for Mouth to Lung Vaping (MTL). If you are only interested in blowing clouds or direct lung, then NETs are probably not for you. You will need a single coil dripper like a Hadaly or a small single coil tank like a Wotofo Serpent Mini or any of the Kayfun series. These juices are not suitable for large coil sub ohm setups or any integral factory pre-made coil atomizers. You will need a rebuildable. This is because a fact of life with NETs is that the residual components of the tobacco are carried into the juice and will result in coil gunking, so a dry burn and a new wick will be required every 3 to 5 mls.

Commercial vendors of NETs, like what you can buy online, or at selected vape shops have a few issues that I want to comment on. One is that, almost without exception the ‘ready to vape’ NETs that these folks offer is very weak in flavor profile strength for true MTL vaping. The other major issue is that they are marketed with obscure and meaningless names that give no clue to what the base tobacco was that they used to make the extraction. To effectively work with NETs you need very complete descriptions of the tobaccos used and a complete description of the vaping flavor profile. Of the dozens of commercial companies that are offering ‘tobacco vapes’ it is unclear that any of those products are 100% tobacco leaf macerations. Most use commercially made “extractions” from large industrial producers. Of course, they are made from tobacco, but they are not NETs.

I have been making DIY NET extractions for my personal use for some time now. I got started on this with a lot of help from many folks that post here on the forum. I am standing on the shoulders of giants, particularly I want to thank all the expert help from @Kinnikinnick. My own background has been a career in industrial chemistry and process development so it was a natural for me to do a little ‘kitchen chemistry’ and explore tobacco extractions. I have scaled my batch size to about 150mls per tobacco sample.

Just ask if you have any questions... Click Here to Open a Support Ticket